Properties listing

Tuesday 27 August 2013

NANS plans protest to end ASUU strike

LAGOS—National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, plans to hold a

nation-wide protest as a last resort to force the Federal Government

and the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, to end the

protracted strike of university lecturers.

NANS' President, Yinka Gbadebo, responding to allegations that the

students' body was not bothered by the 60-day-old strike, said the

union had been employing other matured approaches to appeal to both

the government and ASUU.

According to him, "NANS is not relaxed but we have decided to take

approaches that don't require us to make noise. We have been meeting

with executive members of ASUU, the Nigerian Universities Commission,

Minister of Education and the FG.

"We have also written to meet with the universities NEEDS

Implementation Committee chairman and Governor of Benue State, Mr.

Gabriel Suswan. If we don't receive any response by the end of the

week, we would issue an ultimatum and take it up from there.

"I have been consulting with all SUG leaders in the affected schools

so that we would speak with one voice. Going to the streets would be

our last option but we would do so to protest how long this strike has

lingered.



--

...allstudentcampus...

1 comments:

  1. WOW...i am very excited today. My name is esther, from Lagos state, I have been a failure for the past 2yrs. I have been

    writing jamb but always failing it. But this year, a miracle happened in my life. I was going through the internet when I

    saw a comment on how Mr. frank helped a guy last year to upgrade his jamb score, I was so astonished, so I also contacted

    Mr. frank this year because my jamb score was too poor, I had 186, so Mr. frank is a simple man. He upgraded my jamb score

    from that 186 to 280. He has done a wonderful work for me. God bless Mr. frank for me. You can also contact Mr. frank on;

    +2348108954406
    Thank you very much Mr. frank. God bless you and your family. ( 08108954406 )

    ReplyDelete